After the last blog entry I, Harper Beresford, resident fashionista and special guest star, received a slew of letters with questions from exhibitors. Let’s dive in.
Help! I am an exhibitor at the SL10B Birthday Celebration but I can’t do it all alone! I had registered 20 of my closest friends/alts to help me. How do I sneak them in?
Very Social in SL
Wow! 20 friends! Longer than my friends’ list! We allow 4 additional friends/alts as building assistants. Once you have registered and put down your prim, you can go into SLB Exhibitor chat and ask for them to be added. Ask nicely and wait until an EA acknowledges you. Example:
- “I am an exhibitor. Can you add my friends as building assistants?”
An EA will contact you. Give them the correct spellings of your friends names and tell your friends to accept group!
If you find out a friend can’t come or you need to bring someone else in, we can always swap out people. Go to SLB Exhibitor chat and say this:
- “Hi! I am an exhibitor. My friend could not help. Can you add someone else instead?”
Give the EAs time to get back to you. They are checking our extensive databases for names and making notes. They’re also getting massages from the sim coordinators on a special table Doc installed.
I am so psyched! I have the coolest build (all within 269 prims) to celebrate the 10 year birthday of SL, and I want to include media on prim and music in the stream. How do I do it?!
I am SO glad you asked. EAs are able to put special settings in parcels for you. However, they want to do it all at once, so get these tools and supplies together:
- The name of your parcel. Keep it below 63 characters.
- Your url if you want music. (Make sure the stream works!)
- Your url and full perm image if you want media on prim. (Again, make sure it works!)
- Your photo if you want a special image on your parcel description. (Ratio: 20:13)
- A 255-character or less description if you would like to provide a parcel description.
- Important: the location of your parcel!
- A cookie or some such other enticement for the EA
Call an EA in chat like this:
- “Hi! I am an exhibitor! Can someone fix the settings on my parcel?”
An EA will respond. Hand them this information (in a notecard is great). They will tp over as soon as they can and take care of it.
Hint: If you have all the information prepared ahead of time and get it done once, it will only cost you ONE cookie. If you have to keep bringing them back, it will cost you more cookies. Make it easy on yourself–do it all at once!
I hail from the land of mountains and rocky terrain. The SL10B sims are really rather flat and boring. How can I induce a little continental drift into my little parcel with some terraforming?
Sim coordinators are the way to go–they are the only ones who can terraform on the SLB sims. They will be thrilled to move heaven and earth for you—well at least earth. Make a little noise in chat and an EA will be happy to set you up with your sim coordinator. Say something like this:
- “Hi! I am an exhibitor! Can I get a sim coordinator to terraform my land?”
Someone will get back to you. Only sim coordinators can do this and there are a limited number of them, so be patient. They will come and massage your land into place (after they done with the EAs on the table.)
What’s with the dress?
Contain your jealousy. I know you want it. But this is MY party dress! (Until such time that Nicole Twigvald chooses to sell it.)